Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
Here in the USA consumer market, yes. But FFP scopes have been around for quite some time, they just haven't been the "popular" thing so not many know about them.

Yes the 1/4 click SFP's always move 1/4, but because the reticle changes size with Mag, RELATIVE to the target, it isn't as intuitive to have a reference as to how much that is on target; unless you know exactly how big the target it.

For people who don't dial, range, or want a reference of relative size; there is no reason to concern yourself with the focal argument. If you do want to do those things, it is easier to do with a FFP.
As you say, many will pack around a range finder. I am more of a minimalist, and don't like packing a bunch of different things around.
So it comes to what makes you happy.
A Leica 1600 is about the size of a pack of king size cigerates, so thats pretty minimal.
And using one, ill beat you 10 times out of 10 for both speed and accuracy in that department.
Otherwise i could care less what others prefer, and i wouldnt argue i might like 1st ffp
myself should i ever try one.