This seems weird to me. I have a Burris C4 AR 4.5x14 scope mounted on my Savage Model 10 .223. I've been having accuracy issues at 100 yards that at times seem extreme. For instance. Today I took a bunch of different loads to the range looking for that magic combination what will make me happy with accuracy. I've paid very close attention to case prep, bullet seating, powder charge and kept good records about different loads but can't get consistent groups at 100 yards.

The range that I shoot at has a target frame at 100 yards, a steel plate at 200 yards and one at 325 yards.

Today I shot 55 gr Federal FMJ factory ammo after I was done with my handloads. I could swat the steel plates at 200 and 325 yards every shot but when I dialed the elevation knob back down to 100 yards to punch paper it was off the paper. An 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper!?! How can that be? If it was off that far at 100 yards how could I hit steel at 200 and 325 yards?

Can a scope loose horizontal adjustment at one range like this be spot on at others?

I noticed this same thing a couple of months ago but thought that it was just me. Maybe not.

As I said, it is weird.