Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Savage Shooters will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of Savage Shooters, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Savage Shooters reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
Forum Code of Conduct:
1. All members will treat one another with dignity and respect at all times. This includes any personal attacks, profanity directed towards another member, or any other disrespectful, obnoxious or rude act.
2. Obscene language will not be tolerated. This includes deliberately trying to dodge the bad-word filter.
3. Racial, ethnic or religious slander will not be tolerated and will result in your immediate ban from the site.
4. Political posts and topics of any nature are strictly forbidden - no exceptions.
5. Linking to or referencing any online auction listings, classified ad listings or other "for sale" items on other sites is not permitted.
6. Engaging in any type of buying/selling outside of the classifieds is strictly prohibited. (also see Classified Rules)
7. Publicly challenging the authority of and/or questioning a decision made by any member of the staff will not be tolerated.
8. Privately challenging the authority of and/or questioning a decision made by any member of the staff in an aggressive or disrespectful manner will not be tolerated.
9. We expect all members to practice proper Forum Etiquette while on this site.
- Read the forums rules and guidelines before posting for the first time.
- Search the other posts to see if your topic is already covered.
- Use a meaningful title for your thread.
- Do not use a forum to promote your product, service or business.
- Be civil. Personal differences should be handled through email or IM and not through posts displayed to everyone.
- Stay on topic - do not hijack posts started by someone else with your own questions.
- Report spammers by using the Report Post tool - do not reply to their posts.
- Use plain text over HTML if you want your post to be readable by everyone.
- In order to be understood by most people, use correct spelling, grammar and avoid slang.
- Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums).
- Act in a give and take manner; help others as often as or more than you ask for help.
- Do not use all caps or SHOUT in your posts. In addition, one exclamation point is enough.
- When replying to a post, do not quote more from the previous post than you have to.
- Do not post new problems on someone else's thread and interrupt a topic of discussion.
- Do not use someone else’s thread for a private conversation.
- Watch your sense of humor, posts may be read by people from a variety of backgrounds and ages.
- Do not use a huge and annoying signature, a modest signature is fine, moderators may remove large ones anyway.
- Do not post any information that you want private. Posts should not contain personal, identifiable information or content embarrassing to others.
- Do not post content that violates a copyright.
- Do not post ”empty” or useless responses, such as just ”lol” or ”cool.” Only post responses when you have something to contribute.
- Write concisely and do not ramble.
- Do not use words like ”urgent” or ”important” in your subject line, be patient.
- Do not chastise or harass new members simply because they are new.
Avatar and Signature Rules:
1. Users are permitted to add an avatar of their choice to their profile, so long as it is appropriate for a family forum.
2. Users are permitted to create a text-only signature to conclude their posts. Signatures can not contain links or contact information for a business unless you are a paying advertiser on this site.
3. Anyone found to have inappropriate material in their avatar or signature will be notified by the staff requesting it be changed. If this request is ignored or you replace it with other inappropriate material, you will be banned.
4. No avatar or signature content that is in violation of any other forum rules will be permitted (political, religious, etc).
The following are basic common sense rules we enforce in our classified boards. It's your responsibility to be familiar with and follow them. Posts in the classifieds that do not comply with these rules will be removed by a moderator or administrator.
1. The classifieds are for selling items or posting want ads. They ARE NOT an area for you to discuss various topics related to or unrelated to the items listed, nor are they for "What's it worth" or "I'm thinking about selling.." type posts.
2. Sellers are responsible for their ads. When an item sells, it is the sellers responsibility to close the thread so everyone will know it's sold. This will also prevent anyone else from replying to the ad and let us (the staff) know to move it to the Sold Items board. If you are unsure of how to close your own thread there are instructions in this post: How To Close Your Ad Thread.
3. Items must be listed in the appropriate boards. DO NOT make one long listing full of odds & ends of various types (gun parts, scopes, reloading equipment, etc) in one section. Do it right and split the times up into several posts in their appropriate section. You'll get a better response this way.
4. Items for sale or trade must include a cash price. This includes any WTT or "want to trade" posts. Any for sale or trade ad found that does not have a cash price will be deleted.
5. Be sure that your registered email address with the forum is correct and that you keep up to date on your private messages to ensure that all correspondence pertaining to the ad reaches you.
6. DO NOT reply directly to email notifications. When you do your reply is sent to me and not the intended recipient. My job isn't forwarding your correspondence and I don't have time to look up the intended recipients email address to forward it, so when they come to me they simply get deleted.
7. Our classifieds are offered as a perk to our Paid Members and merely serve as a means to bring buyers and sellers together. All sales are solely between the buyer and seller, meaning neither the site or any of it's staff members will become involved in any way or form or be held accountable or liable for deals gone bad.
8. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer and seller to ensure that any transaction is completed in a legal fashion. If you are unsure about how to properly conduct a transaction, please see the BATF's website at http://www.atf.treas.gov/
9. The first person to clearly and specifically state "I'll take it" or something to that regard has first dibs on the item. This declaration can be made in a private message or as a reply in the original thread. All private messages and board posts are time and date stamped (to the second), so determining who was first is pretty cut and dry.
10. Posting items in the classifieds "for a friend" or posting links or listing numbers to ads/auctions on another site/forum is strictly prohibited. If your friend wants to try and sell something here they can register and purchase a paid membership to do so just like everyone else.
Manufacturer and Vendor Rules:
This forum is not open to solicitation of our members by manufacturers, retailers or vendors. The only companies permitted to promote their products or businesses on this site are those who have purchased advertising and the right to do so, and only then when done so within their own dedicated vendor board. We (the staff) will strictly enforce this rule, so if you wish to market your products or services directly to our members you will need to purchase an advertising banner. No exceptions.
This includes individuals manufacturing/producing products or offering services on a limited or small volume basis, buying in bulk to resell in smaller lots, or any other activity that would normally be defined as engaging in business. Any items listed in the classifieds that we feel fall within the scope of this rule will be removed.
By checking the box below you agree to and acknowledge our Copyright Information as outlined at the following link: http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?16234-Copyright-Information
The information contained on this website and that posted on the forum is based on the experience of the author(s) and is only being provided to show their method used to achieve the desired result. What you do with this information is your choice and your responsibility. Persons choosing to use this information do so at their own accord and risk, and thus assume any and all responsibility for any damage, injury or death as a result.
Savage Shooters is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Savage Arms or Savage Sports Corporation.™
The sole purpose of this site is to provide an online community for those who wish to interact with other Savage firearm enthusiasts. The information and opinions expressed within this site are those of its contributors, and in no way should be viewed as the opinions or recommendations of Savage Sports Corporation™.