Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
Wow, that is definitely some sweet luck. Yeah, that is usually me as well and this time is no different. Enjoy! I'll update in November or December when mine arrives.. haha

Thanks. Hopefully yours will come sooner rather than later. There's even a bit more luck involved with my rifle. Last month I'd attempted to get a Howa 1500 barreled action for a great price. The FFL guy I was using kept jerking me around and the order ended up not being placed. Finally got my $ back from the FFL guy last week (while I was watching this thread and the Cabelas site......thinking about how I'd wished I could order the Savage).

The $100 off sale price AND the $100 rebate made the net price less than I'd put down for the Howa. Got my $ back and was then able to order the 12FV just in the nick of time. I'll get a Howa action (through my 'new' FFL guy) sometime later. For now, I'll be enjoying this 12FV (and then the rebate card) when they arrive.:thumbsup:

Cabelas charged me $26.45 in sales tax as the rifle was going to a retail store (Reno, NV). I talked to the Reno folks and they said they'd take the $25 it's gonna take to ship my rifle to my FFL guy (from the $26.45 tax that they charged) and will refund the remaining $1.45 to me. My 'new' FFL guy correctly told me to talk to the Reno folks about the sales tax, since he was going to have to charge me Ca state sales tax when I take possession of the rifle from him. At least that means that I've already paid for the shipping, and won't have to make a separate payment for it to get the rifle headed to my FFL guy....