Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I periodically checked the inventory status of the 12FV's on the Cabelas website over the last couple weeks. Inventory changed quite often.................sometimes several times within the span of an hour or three. At one point only the .223 chambering (the one I wanted this time) was 'backorderable'. I was following along in this thread as folks lamented having their orders on backorder.

At other times, all chamberings were 'backorderable' except the 6.5creed chambering which showed 'limited stock' with 6 and then 5 (shortly thereafter) available for order. A day or two later, only the .22-250 and .204Ruger chamberings were available. Then 3 .223 chambered rifles became available for order (while I was tied up and not able to place my order)..............and then an hour later became 'backorderable' RIGHT before I was going to order.

Finally, last Tuesday morning I decided to go ahead with a backorder just to get the $319 price as the sale was ending Thursday. Hemmed and hawed (didn't want to have a multi-month wait for a backordered rifle). Went out to take care of a couple errands. A couple hours later when I returned home, ONE .223 chambered rifle was available for ordering. Snagged it immediately! :D

Status then showed 'backorderable' for all chamberings. On Wednesday night, there were again a couple .223's available along with one other chambering (.22-250 IIRC). Shortly after that, the sale ended and all chamberings once again showed 'backorderable' for $419....

Placed my order on Tues 9/19. My order was "in process" shortly after I placed it. By mid day Wed 9/20 (last day of the sale) my order showed "shipped" with a 5-8 business day projected transit estimate (with the long end of that being Friday 9/29). Got a surprise call from the Reno store today (Fri 9/22) telling me that my rifle had arrived there and would be shipped to my FFL dealer in the PRC as soon as they received his FFL info (there are no Cabelas stores in California......******). Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I feel for you guys that ordered before me and are still having to wait. That's usually me.......
    Last edited by Aaron L; 09-23-2017 at 12:41 AM. Reason: got my timing all mixed up.....