PDA

View Full Version : What press do you use?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Orezona
02-25-2022, 07:28 PM
I just added a lightly used T-7 to my Rock Chucker and Co-Ax. I set the T-7 up with with a .284 bullet puller, 7mm-08 body die, collet neck die and competition seater die and the same three for 280 AI.

No idea why the picture is sideways.

Jester560
02-27-2022, 08:37 AM
Lee Loadmaster for bulk work and a Lyman All American 8 turret for Precision work.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

WYOWINCHESTER
03-07-2022, 05:25 PM
I use a Pacific press. Got an RCBS and a RCBS progressive. Don't feel real comfortable with it.

charlie b
03-07-2022, 06:06 PM
Progressives take some getting used to.

When I started with one I loaded up the head with dies and started pulling the lever. Each stroke was a new bullet. Until a primer jams up. Or a bullet gets off center. Or a case doesn't feed all the way. Or powder charge isn't dropped. When doing research I found that each brand had it's own little quirks. Once you figure those out, then things go much smoother. Kinda figured out why factories load cartridges with many individual steps, allowing checks along the way.

Since I tumble brass I usually decap and size in one operation. Then tumble. Then expand (if needed), prime, charge, seat and crimp (if needed).

WYOWINCHESTER
03-09-2022, 07:54 PM
I bought it used, figuring I could run my pistol rounds thru it. I don't take as much time making sure of "exact" powder on them.

HammerDown
03-11-2022, 08:19 PM
The Savage rifles get loaded from the single stage RCBS or Pacific. Dillon progressive presses take care of the handgun loading.:rockon:

pighunter284
03-27-2022, 09:49 PM
no one seems to use the hornady L&L is there a reason? i use mine for pistol and it serves me well. lee for the large rifle

ttedb3
03-29-2022, 08:51 AM
Dillon 550B for pistol, Rockchucker for rifle cartridges.

Burr
04-20-2022, 01:44 AM
I've been using the same Rockchucker since 72. Still use it for everything, but I no longer do all the steps on a press. I decap, and resize with body dies now. Some of my cartridges I'll use a LCD, but most often I'll set neck tension with a Wilson die. I seat everything with the Wilson die. I've added steps to the process the way I do it, but it's working well for me. Still don't have an arbor press, I just use a drill press instead. Some of the new presses are intriguing. I've thought about the Rebel, and really think about the Summit, and the Prazi press. For now I've stuck with the Rockchucker.