PDA

View Full Version : "inexpensive?" 2000 yd group and score based on a 111 action

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mikeinco
05-09-2019, 12:03 AM
this is a "inexpensive" 2000 yard group and score rifle
"hunter" class under 18 lbs
boyds varmint stock laminate
stock 111 la recvr plus a thicker recoil lug
timney trigger
krieger mtu 28" bbl 8" straight at 1.250, then taper to .965,
will be match 300 win mag, neck turned, muzzle 3/4-24 for 9" suppressor( already own, so no cost)
egw 0 moa hd base, ivey 150 moa adjustable rings( got them 1/2 off) and 12-42x nf scope..(blew the budget there)
object is to shoot 220 solids at over 2800
shot off a hunting bipod and rear bag
if there is room i will add lead to the butt.

i have the reamer, and a throater, and a lathe

this is called "inexpensive" because the other rifle i am building
is the next class up. it has a 40 lb limit, i will be under 20.
but i am probably over $7000 in parts in that rifle.

Robinhood
05-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Evlshnngns
05-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a great plan. There is a 2K yard shoot off in MT., I think your build fits right in. I was day dreaming of a similar build in 300 PRC. Good luck, keep us in the loop.

mikeinco
05-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Sounds like a great plan. There is a 2K yard shoot off in MT., I think your build fits right in. I was day dreaming of a similar build in 300 PRC. Good luck, keep us in the loop.

i am a founding member of elite long range the group that does the 2k shoots in townsend mt

mikeinco
05-09-2019, 05:16 PM
i can't afford pic's on my budget.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

mikeinco
05-10-2019, 03:53 PM
there is either a time or post count lock on being able to post pics...so no pics, not posts..lol

DesertDug
05-10-2019, 06:09 PM
I need for pics

Dave Hoback
05-10-2019, 08:46 PM
Pics are very easy. I load everything from Imgur.

Not for nothing, but there does come a point where ya need to show off your wares. “Talking” is fine & well for specifics, but people on forums are “visual”. We want to see. And with the many free third party host sites(like Imgur I mention), there really is no excuse.

Ill say you certainly made quite a step in progress Mike! From a couple stock Savages in 308, to disassembly of your 111 bolt for the first time, to building this all in the last few years...and another FAR more advanced! Impressive!

mikeinco
05-10-2019, 09:47 PM
HERE IS THE PROBLEM
i do not load my pics on servers just to put them on a third spot.
all the sites i belong to i link from MY photos, I do not advertise for a third party.

Pics are very easy. I load everything from Imgur.

Not for nothing, but there does come a point where ya need to show off your wares. “Talking” is fine & well for specifics, but people on forums are “visual”. We want to see. And with the many free third party host sites(like Imgur I mention), there really is no excuse.

Ill say you certainly made quite a step in progress Mike! From a couple stock Savages in 308, to disassembly of your 111 bolt for the first time, to building this all in the last few years...and another FAR more advanced! Impressive!

Dave Hoback
05-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Using an image host is NO different than belonging to an open forum like this and every other! So, it’s not a problem, and is borderline excuse.

But if you are so dead set against free image hosting sites, I would be happy to PM my email to you. You can send me the pics via email & I’ll host them on my Imgur page & link them here. Would be my pleasure Mike.

yobuck
05-11-2019, 08:02 AM
i am a founding member of elite long range the group that does the 2k shoots in townsend mt
Give me one guess as to who runs that group. lol
I do agree with you on posting pictures.
Why cant it be as simple as Emailing directly from the camera?

Dave Hoback
05-11-2019, 09:22 AM
It is guys...really.

Heres a new butt stock I’m working on. Posting this took me about 40 seconds! (Loading to Imgur and linking BBcode here.)
http://i.imgur.com/8gzb3fK.jpg

Use this. https://m.imgur.com/

mikeinco
05-11-2019, 09:54 AM
here is the org site http://elitelrc.com/
donovan moran runs the site.....long range competitors only.
names are on accurate shooter in long range forum

Give me one guess as to who runs that group. lol
I do agree with you on posting pictures.
Why cant it be as simple as Emailing directly from the camera?

mikeinco
05-11-2019, 09:58 AM
except i have to go load to a third party ,,,a step i do not currently do WITH ANY SITE i belong to.
just like sending them to you is an extra step.
it is just silly and a waste of time.
this software supports user uploads WITHOUT a third party.

Using an image host is NO different than belonging to an open forum like this and every other! So, it’s not a problem, and is borderline excuse.

But if you are so dead set against free image hosting sites, I would be happy to PM my email to you. You can send me the pics via email & I’ll host them on my Imgur page & link them here. Would be my pleasure Mike.

Robinhood
05-11-2019, 12:10 PM
You are right Mike, however this site is small based on the visitor count compared to the big sites and the rate advertisers pay is low. Jim has chosen to have a small fee for "Team Members" So that he can pay for the extra storage. A basic member does not have the permission to upload photos. If you have them on another site, copy and paste them if you want to. If you want to upload them to a free storage site you can do that. Otherwise it is pay to play here. I find a work around, Dave does a work around. We understand your convictions and are glad to have a man with your experience on the forum. It is what it is.

Dave Hoback
05-11-2019, 12:42 PM
I do agree Mike, about online forums and their abilities. I think it’s disgraceful for a forum to charge “members fees”, when they have site sponsors. The only reason they are generating sponsors is because of the traffic through the forum. US! WE are the reason for sponsors. So charging a fee, when it’s the members generating sponsors is well, it’s greed!

And I agree with Rob. Work arounds are good! See a problem...solve it. It’s what I do. And of course I enjoy speaking with others in the know, and your contribution is very much appreciated Mike. Just it gets to a point where people expect to see pics at some point. We all exist here in words...digital code-like the Matrix! Pics make things feel real. Others all the talk could simply be a figment of one’s imagination. Especially when they make every excuse NOT to provide pictures. (I’m not saying it is that Mike..I’m simply making a point of how it can look eventually)

mikeinco
05-11-2019, 01:26 PM
if you go to gunboards forums, bigbore, 338 edge, you will see pic of my
other 2000 yd group and score rifle, a work in progress also.

Dave Hoback
05-11-2019, 02:35 PM
I’m not a member, so can’t see the pics...AR10AR15 Man. HEY!!! That should be MY name, LOL! Built enough to equip a small army! Greatest rifle EVER! Been kicking ARSE & taking names for over 55years!

mikeinco
05-11-2019, 03:26 PM
does not cost to join or post pics( cough cough)..so join more guns!

I’m not a member, so can’t see the pics...AR10AR15 Man. HEY!!! That should be MY name, LOL! Built enough to equip a small army! Greatest rifle EVER! Been kicking ARSE & taking names for over 55years!

mikeinco
05-11-2019, 04:35 PM
i just got in a single bullet to mock up from.
it is a cutting edge 220 lazer single feed
a normal 300 win mag is 3.34
a mil mk248mod1 is 3.5 (220 SMK)
mine is a mere 3.95
i can load, i cannot extract without pulling the bolt!