PDA

View Full Version : Apache gunworks barrel

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bigeclipse
05-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Ordered my barrel early february. Wondering if anyone else ordered during his time and had received theres. I emailed him 6 weeks ago and he said it would only be another week or 2 and still nothing. I understand these things can take awhile just curious who has received theirs.

DrThunder88
05-15-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm in a bit of the same boat. I ordered when he started taking new jobs in February (or a few days thereafter due to a form problem) and got a two week ETA four weeks ago. When I checked back this week the estimate was this coming Monday. Having a solid date is reassuring, and I am, as ever, looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on that barrel.

Trapper458
05-15-2015, 10:09 PM
I ordered my Barrel Feb 6th, just got inbound shipping info today.
Regards,
Trapper458

clintsrv
05-15-2015, 10:20 PM
Trapper that's awesome.

You'll definetly be satisfied.

trailrider121
05-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Hang in there guys. The wait will be worth it. I ordered at the end of January and received barrel a couple weeks ago.

missed
05-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Ah Jim doesn't need to sleep!

Rob44
05-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Ordered mine in Feb recieved it two weeks ago, great barrel

Bigeclipse
05-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Ah Jim doesn't need to sleep!

haha I wasn't implying this. I just remembered that he was debating about the two week turn-a-round and how he decided it wouldn't be feasible. I interpreted this as maybe a 4-6 week turn-a-round instead lol(not 4 month turn-a-round). Don't get me wrong, if the barrel is a shooter then the wait will DEFINITELY be worth it, especially considering the low cost. If the barrel isn't a shooter, I will likely bump up the money and go with a shilen OR McGowen next time but from what it sounds, I will likely love the Apache Barrel! Jim seems like a great guy and a great gunsmith!

fgw_in_fla
05-18-2015, 08:59 AM
You guys better make sure you know what you ordered if you buy from Jim / Apache. I ordered a 20" hog hunting barrel for my Axis 6 months ago. He said he'd cut me a deal for $100.

Here's what I ended up with:

Buyer Beware!!!!
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/fgwinfla/bad%20barrel%20002.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/fgwinfla/media/bad%20barrel%20002.jpg.html)

Bigeclipse
05-18-2015, 11:12 AM
You guys better make sure you know what you ordered if you buy from Jim / Apache. I ordered a 20" hog hunting barrel for my Axis 6 months ago. He said he'd cut me a deal for $100.

Buyer Beware!!!!
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/fgwinfla/bad%20barrel%20002.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/fgwinfla/media/bad%20barrel%20002.jpg.html)

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?!?!?! did he tell you the condition it was in? 100 bucks is really cheap but not for that in my opinion...I was under the impression he did excellent work?

Teslawhiskey
05-18-2015, 11:51 AM

Buyer Beware!!!!
What the hell is that thing?

fgw_in_fla
05-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Actually, it doesn't shoot too bad. It shoots about MOBS - (minute of barn side) - at 25yds. The occasional keyholing 220gr Nosler isn't too much trouble.

Its actually a piece of 3/4" rigid galvanized pipe. I'm just helping my 'ol buddy Jim out when ever I can.
He's a good guy & does top shelf stuff so your wait will be worth it.

As long as he doesn't send you a piece of PVC pipe or rigid....

scope eye
05-18-2015, 12:58 PM
3/4 pipe that means .750 cal, what twist are they available in.

Dean

missed
05-18-2015, 01:41 PM
3/4 pipe that means .750 cal, what twist are they available in.

Dean
National pipe thread......

fgw_in_fla
05-18-2015, 01:56 PM
It's a reverse 1.287 in 14.3" - specially made for long range to counteract the Coriolis effect on shots over 600 meters but only north of the equator.

If you're south of the equator you'll need the other twist.

At least that's what Jim told me...

Apache
05-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Guys,

I don't have time to come here to the forum much as I use to anymore but I was made aware of this post and feel I need to respond. It got under my skin a little bit.

I admit it: I AM LOUSY AT ESTIMATING TURN AROUND TIMES.

I'm doing the best I can though and I'm working long hours to keep up with demand. There are soooo many of you that want barrels..........and I'm such a lousy guess at work times. If you can't wait, just contact me, I will gladly give a complete and full refund. I can't find a system that will allow me to be able to get the turn around times down like I would like them. There are just way too many orders that come in. I have other businesses that want me to do their work exclusively and cut out the individual orders. They would buy every barrel I make and then mark it up and resell it.....it's tempting to do that when this type of thing gets posted here........it would be a lot less head ache on my part.

But then the prices for my work would go through the roof on your end. The price for one of my barrels would be no different than any other high end barrel maker out there. That's NOT why I decided to do this. I do this for the guys who can't afford it any other way. Ask nearly anyone that has bought one of my barrels......the quality of work you're getting is worth a great deal more than you're paying for it. You can also get a FULL and complete refund if your not satisfied for any reason.....find that in another maker....Not many will do that for you. I have given a few refunds to people that were not satisfied.....I'm human, sometimes things don't go the way they were suppose to. I will make it right though.

When I started this business....One of the things that I was warned about by others here on this forum that are "in the know" would be the unreasonable people I would have to deal with at times. If it weren't for the others that DO understand, this wouldn't be worth the trouble.

But I enjoy the reaction I get from the guy that has never been able to get a high end barrel because of the prices. For him to screw on one of my barrels and shoot a group that he has only dreamed and wished for is very satisfying for me. And it didn't cost him a fortune to do it either. That's why I do what I do.....the money is OK, I'll not lye about that....but you won't get rich doing this though!!!

I need to tell y'all something though....I really don't have to work another day in my life if I don't want to. I can sit on my butt and watch TV or go fishing or anything else I want to do.....but I do this work to keep busy and to give back to the sport I love so much....I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't making any money off this endeavor. I make some decent spending money with it.... Plus I LOVE to build the most accurate barrels I can possibly turn out. But it takes time to do it right. I could spit out a barrel in as little as 45 minutes if that's what you want......It probably won't hit the broad side of a barn (like Frank's joke that some of you took as serious)

Do you want it fast or do you want it right?

Anyway...if you can't wait any longer, send me an email and I'll get your money back to you immediately. If you can wait though, you will receive your money's worth. That is guaranteed.

fgw_in_fla
05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Soooooo...

Can I get a refund on that pipe barrel you sold me?

You're gonna smack me if I ever come to your home town, aren't ya?

Apache
05-18-2015, 02:49 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

If I didn't have so much work to do, I'd make a special trip to Florida and smack you........then we could go do some fishing!!! LOL!

missed
05-18-2015, 02:51 PM
I'm good on the wait! I know it will get here in a reasonable time frame. All the good guys are busy as a puppy with two peters....

fgw_in_fla
05-18-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm good on the wait! I know it will get here in a reasonable time frame. All the good guys are busy as a puppy with two peters....

You wanna borrow my pipe barrel? I'm not using it until the cooler weather when the hogs return.