Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
ok guys im not saying your way of sizing is wrong and i do think that bushing dies have a place in reloading but NOT in a factory or a no turn chamber...i can also tell you bushing dies and FL dies with no expander cause issues in no turn and factory chambers and even more so if you dont at least do a clean up turn on your necks...i agree the lee collet die is a great die and what id recommend over bushing dies to anyone wanting to neck size only but it can cause issues as well if your at least not doing a clean up turn on your necks.

now ive used redding dies and they are decent dies but forster dies are better,less expensive,the seating die comes with the VLD stem and you can send the FL die in if you choose to and have the neck honed to fit your chamber better and you can get custom expander balls to adjust neck tension.

ive done both...neck size only with bushings and the LCD...and FL sized...in my experience full length sizing has produced more accurate(and more importantly)more consistent ammo than neck sizing only.

again im not saying you guys are wrong and im right but i will say that the expander ball being pulled back through the neck does not effect accuracy the way everyone seems to think it does...in fact if your not turning necks a bushing die pushes all the imperfections in the necks to the inside of the neck which IMHO causes more issues than a ball being pulled back through.

and coach it takes more than a couple of time to work harden brass and why necks should be annealed every few firings.
This is a MONEY answer. I had to figure all this out on my own but I whole-heartedly second this opinion.

Forster dies are the biz-naz for no-turn chambers. As a matter of relevant fact to the original poster, I have a set of Forster .223Rem dies with the non-micrometer seater die. It makes perfectly concentric necks and bullet run out (+/- .001") tested on my friend's (a benchrest shooter) gauges. Don't spend extra on the micrometer seater unless you'll shoot a bunch of different bullets in one gun.

I'm getting ready to build a custom rifle in 28 Nosler off of a push-feed Win M70. I really wish Forster would make some dies for that cartridge.