Thread: Is this build possible?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MDM
    Just got some info from Jim. Criterion only makes the 7 SAUM in large shank, so that would pretty much dictate a LRP repeater action. Just have to figure out what I would need to do to make the bolt assembly correct. The reamer specs are .321" and .090" freebore which should give me plenty of room in the mag box for the 162 amax. I could probably even have my smith open it up a little with his throating reamer to give me more case capacity. If anyone has a similar build with a Criterion, I'd like to OAL measurements with the 162 amax and 180 bergers.

stangfish
    You can have a competent smith rethread your action to the LRP threads. Simple process really, It just requires a little patience due to the interupted cut and the hardness of the reciever.

Quote Originally Posted by MDM View Post
    Just got some info from Jim. Criterion only makes the 7 SAUM in large shank, so that would pretty much dictate a LRP repeater action.
    Not necessarily - pretty much any Savage that left the factory as a WSM should have a large shank action. IIRC the limited run of 14/114W's sold through Jerry's several years ago were all large shank as well.
    Jim B. - Site Administrator
    I run a forum - someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery already