Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
I think it was you in a different thread that was explaining some of the science behind exit time and load dev. I've been doing ALOT of research on it and it occurred to me (because music inclination runs strong in my family) that even on barrels that are the same alloy that there will be slight variations in them. I was thinking about a way to account for that and I think I have hit it. A light strike from a stick or rod will reveal a specific pitch that is purely a result of the alloy make up. We have instruments that can pick up pitch differences that are nearly infinite. There should be a method of plugging in the pitch or note your barrel produces to get the exact frequency at which it resonates and in theory that you allow finer control of figuring timing.. what are your thoughts on that?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Stress/stiffness can change harmonics also. Diameter and length obviously does as well.

Get yourself a accelerometer and an oscilloscope and do a ring test. Good time to start that research and develop a system that can integrate to the popular loading software.