Howdy, I thought I'd introduce myself here as I will likely be along with lots of questions and advice. I am a long time bowhunter, and just bought my first rifle 2 days ago. Its a Savage model 16 in .270WSM. Its still in the process of being shipped to my FFL here. Its coming with a Tasco tactical mil dot scope and harris bipod. Its used, but in great condition. Its got the AccuTrigger, but not the new Accustock.
A few questions I have to get started next week at the range...

1. Is there any specific cleaning or de-fouling regiment you should do on a used gun before taking it out for the first time?

2. I'm a novice, and not handloading.. Whats a good round to start out with? Is it OK to shoot and sight in with cheaper rounds and save the more expensive rounds for hunting? Or is there a good brand/type to stick with for all around use?

3. For future tinkering on it, I read alot about the stocks having flex which impacts accuracy. How much better accuracy can I expect by upgrading the stock to something like a Choate Tactical?

4. I'm not sure on this scope yet either. Does Tasco make better scopes? MY only experience with them has been with very cheap scopes. Do they make a decent scope as well? I'm thinking this will be my first upgrade to this rifle, as I am a big fan of Vortex optics. I'd like to put a Vortex Diamondback on it at some point, but if this Tasco scope will do, I will keep it for a while.