That's a great report! I bought a Savage 300wm for myself for Christmas a couple months ago just cause I've always wanted one (300wm). I looked at the Desert Tactical model, and I like it a lot, but I wanted it more for hunting than anything slse so I went with the VSX model (Cabelas)...which has the Fluted barrel, cerakote and camo (non accustock) stock. It was on sale for a ridiculous price on Christmas Day and had been looking hard at it until then and the sale price that day made me buy it. (20% off if I remember, Christmas Day sale online...) It also came with a Vortex Diamondback scope 4-12, which I promptly removed.
I installed a Vortex Viper 4-16x50 scope on it, adjusted down the factory trigger as much as I could (got it down to about 2.5 lbs.) and then put an Allen buttstock shell holder on it and cleaned the gunk out of the barrel with a few swabs. I took it to an indoor 25 yard range and got it close at 25 yards with 3 shots. Then took it out to the 100 yard range when we had a good weather day and shot 3 more shots to get it close at 100 (shots 4, 5 and 6). Then I shot 3 groups of 3. (Shots 7-9, 10-12 and 13-15 on the gun) I did adjust the scope slightly after each 3 shot group but I kind of wish I wouldn't have just to see what the overall NINE shot group would have been...I used my Silencerco Omega 30 suppressor (direct thread), and with the suppressor on it, it feels like shooting a .243. Hardly any kick at all. My groups were: .906, .653 and .562...back to back to back with no cooling in between. Below are pics of the rifle as shot (other than suppressor) and the 3 groups. Also...this is with FACTORY Hornady Whitetail 180 gr ammo. I do handload, but I like the fact that with these Savages I don't HAVE to handload....they are accurate out of the box with factory ammo.