I often shoot long range, and i have been stuck with being off 6 (one rev), 12 (2 rev) and 10 mils because i never returned the scope to zero when i was done shooting. I think of a zero stop as an essential.

Not every rifle needs to have a top of the line scope. i got the EP5 to go on my somewhat newly built 6mm ARC. I had put my Athlon Ares ETR on it, but since i really only intended it to be a 600-700 yard AR build (so far only taken to 500), i don't need that scope on that rifle.

I was pointing out two scopes from the same company, and there is a difference in quality. You do get what you pay for, and the more expensive of a scope, the less value you get for the money... i get that, but it does matter. You can pretend the difference isn't there, but it is. You can decide where your price point is not worth the difference in quality, and i do that every time i purchase a scope, but i don't pretend that there is no difference when i make the compromise. Every purchase is a compromise. My best scopes are all under $2k, i have drawn my line in the sand. I don't compete and know where my personal limit is, and that limit is less than my brother who does compete.