Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
The 6br usually doesn’t function consistently out of a factory savage mag without some manipulation.
But it should feed fine out of the Magpul mag included with the Magpul Hunter stock. I actually have one and can try running some rounds Thru it if you like? I would just have to swap barreled actions real quick. But hey I just had shoulder surgery and am out of work for a few weeks and bored so it’s no big deal.
The Magazine is only one part of the equation. A correct magazine will typically fix feeding, but extraction problems exist because of how short the case is, being used with the Savage factory Bolt design. The Ejector runs out of length which doesn’t keep adequate pressure against the side. This allows the case to fall free from the Extractor claw & not Eject from Action. Mods include filing the inside edge of the ejector, as outlined, allowing it to extend further, as well as clipping coils from the Ejector spring to lower spring force. Also using a larger Extractor bearing ball which is something everyone should do anyway.