I have yet to see a Savage action torqued to 60 in #’s shoot well, I don’t care what the stock manufacturer recommends. Any rifle can benefit from torque tuning the action and I have found that figure to be 45 in/lbs or less, and depending on the rifle 30 can be enough. Even a metal chassis “can” benefit from bedding.

Your shooting a big boomer in a relatively light rifle. I think there’s a reason Your first round is POI and You best group is standing. If I had to shoot that round in that rifle prone or from a bench, I’m sure I would have a 1 1/2” FLINCH, and I ain’t no wimp. The first round is on, now the body knows what’s coming with the second.

For proofing a rifle with factory ammo, FGMM is the standard for initially establishing what a rifle will do. Your rifle may not like Hornady, no matter what success You had with it in the past. Your rifle demands reloading, IMO.

You built a Tactical Rifle, not a Bench Rest rifle. It is capable of hitting center mass at sniper distances, and is therefore acceptable. I suspect it can be improved.

In My opinion, Your in to big a hurry. Going out and shooting in uncomfortable conditions is not the best way to tune a rifle. A lot of good rifles have been sold at bargain prices because the owner tried to fix too many things at the same time.

I only rely on levels for initial bench set up. After that, I train Myself to plum the vertical cross hair by sight.

All of My comments were meant to by helpful, and I hope no offense was taken by any. Best of Luck with Your build.