Hi Bolt223 - I also can shoot all of the hollow points I have tried. CCI-MM 36g HP; Fed 36g HP; Herter 38g HP. Have you tried 'polishing' the feed ramp on both the magazine and the magazine 'well' ?? The inside edge of the mag is the critical one - you want to 'increase' slightly the angle of the bullet insertion. You can see this edge 'polishing' below. This mag has been thru a lot of changes and still works very well. hundreds of rounds thru it, too. The JB weld on the side helps hold the mag in at a proper angle, too. Another thing that may be causing your problem is the back 'ears' (sides) of the mags can become worn (not enough 'drag' on the back of the shell) OR bent 'in' too far. The mags being some sort of 'pot metal' makes them susceptible to lots of wear OR bending. I have a thread about these problems - https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1139263

Hope some of this helps you. Savage tells everyone that HPs don't work well, but I have 3 brand new mags that feed them perfectly !!
Ed