Huh? I know I am new here, but that makes no sense...LOL. But it does neatly address the issue. In my lifetime, the way in which I have been magically able to affect the value of guns is nothing short of astounding. I don't even get mad about it anymore, but I do tend to figure the "Barry owns this" Depreciation multiplier in whenever I buy a gun. The reason that I am considering converting this instead of sell/buy/trade is that, although I paid a fair price based on the book, the odds that I could get that back are so vanishingly small that I might as well do the conversion and have the rifle that I want and just try not to think about costs and values. Just to be clear, I am not interested in taking apart my complete rifle just so someone can get a deal on my (allegedly) rare action. Which brings me to my current question.

So, the problem with doing this conversion myself is that I am just now learning (slowly and not well) the lingo, and I am not at all confident in getting the correct parts on the first try because nobody seems to make a kit to do the dumbass conversion I am attempting. I ran across this thread and it explained a bit. From what I gather, I am looking at a long action gun that will use short 308 AICS magazines? It would have been more helpful is photobrokeit had not broken every image on the internet, but I got the idea. Is CDI a reputable smith/shop for this conversion?