Quote Originally Posted by CaptnC View Post
Thunder...I noticed there was no contact on the barrel nut where the lug should have been in contact. The blueing was still untouched, but you could see where the nut was in contact with the receiver.

I'm not sure if I read it here or on another forum but E A Brown will cut the face off the Axis receiver for $75.00 if you buy a barrel so it will take a normal recoil lug.

In light of what I've read about the Axis not having any value I'm certainly not going to pour too much money into a barrel. I don't sell guns but I don't want to have a high dollar pig in a fine suite either. I feel the barrels they sell at Browns are really a lot better than most want to believe.

My Savage 110 264wm shoot fantastic even though it only has a 24" barrel and it is one of their ER Shaw magnum contour barrels. I will try to post a pic of my latest 200yd target...looks like there is no button to upload a file...

Any way the three shot group is 0.667 center to center...roughly 0.866 outside to outside...and I don't shoot paper very well!
I think you can upload a pic by using the "Go Advanced" option the the "Insert Image" icon.