Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Don't expect great groups from factory hunting ammo.... Especially Corelokt. It's loaded to Minute of Deer and will get the job done if that's your requirement. If you want to see the rifles potential match ammo and ...
Corelokt ammo in my opinion is actually very decent hunting munitions. I’ve had great results with corelokt compared to the other hunting ammo in its same class.

If you have access to a lead sled or similar you could use that to eliminate any shooter error. Otherwise it’s always possible that you got one that just isn’t a ‘shooter’. Probably not what you want to hear, but it happens. If you shoot some gold medal match ammo and can’t get it to shoot worth a darn send it back to savage.

Edit: on another note you won’t catch me using ‘fusion’ ammo unless it’s my absolute only to shoot. I bought a box some years back right when it first hit the market. I had dismal results(although decent groupings within the dismal results). Curious I bought a second box and ran it through a chrono. I don’t recall exactly what the spread was on velocity but it was substantial. Maybe they have ironed out the kinks now but I’ll shoot something else.