I did a quick read on that article and have it filed, outstanding, I wish I had that when I had started back into this 5-8 years ago.

I had a semi auto go into that pierced primer area (find to start with) Never solved fully and I sold the gun, sorry I did now, not because of that, but I would have liked to solved it total first (I decided I wanted to target shoot not just throw bullets down range so I did not sell the gun because of that)

I now know where I needed to start looking and I could have corrected it, that would have been satisfying.

I also fell into the split base trap and that was another learning experience.

Even today the reloading books don't cover that the way they should and the dies people say, touch the base, then give it 12/8 or 1/4 turn.

Sure it works, but you get 8 firing out of the case and it breaks. Also a tighter chamber is more accurate, so all that excess spaces has its impact.

And just an FYI. FC is great once fired brass, its actually fine for 6 or 8 firings, but it is very soft.

That means its tends to break anyway even with minimal setback

If you are a tad under lubed it can stick in a die and rip the rim off requiring braking out the extractor tool.

I won't even pick up once fired FC (I will take it if offered as I appreciate the being nice part, but then goes into the brass bucket)