Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
Is it possible that your bolt body is on the long side of the tolerance?

Measure this bolt body length against another SA bolt body. Or, simply try a different bolt body and compare where the bolt handles land.
geargrinder,

Thanks for the response. I did compare the length of the bolt body against another one of a similar vintage (both early TA models, one for sure from before they went to CNC machining - that's been to England, Ireland, Scotland and Canada - and this one, originally purchased years ago from a friend who was getting out of long-range after building a 7 WSM F-Open rig before such beasties were 'in'). Not sure if I was measuring at the wrong point; I measured from the front of the bolt body to the bottom of the notch in back, at ~5.20x", within a few thousandths on each. On the reference/control action, the (factory) bolt handle doesn't appear to be much if any further back/forward, but there is a very noticeable difference in the contact/wear point on the rear baffle/ primary extraction cam ramp - the wear spot is almost full width, though it is fairly short (in height). On the second action - the one actually in question here - the wear point is much less noticeable on the rear baffle, and given that the (aftermarket) bolt handle is brand new and Cerakote'd... there isn't much to see.

Monte