Sounds good and looking forward to the report.

Also when ordering barrels you can always ask if they can be shortened up. My XC was 28 inches to start with and that was too much. It took another week but I got it at 26 inches and thoughts are 24 would be better (though when I shoot it out then I can get it shortened up.

Just don't get discouraged. One of the reasons I went with the XC 308 was a cross check to see if it was me or the barrels.

Finding the right load can be a challenge. Some can be picky on powder and bullets and even primers.

I got surprised by the Shilen yester4day, I had a range of H4831 of 3 grains and it was shooting the whole range nicely if I had seating depth down and I was on. I have to look over targets but I had 4 groups 1/2 and under including the one group shot in dim light with the illuminator on, wind picked up, range guy asking how I was managing (6 hours) at those temps.

I think Shilen is a solid choice, others as good, maybe a few more misses.

My problem continues to be I don't think I can outshoot the barrels and frustrating at times to try to sort out me, the barrel or even the load. .

I keep improving though its up and down, some days I can't shoot at all in the best conditions and others times like yeste4rday, I am doing well in relay poor conditions.

I believe a good button rifled barrel is good to something at 1/2 Inch at 100, always possible to get a tack driver that does better but I think you can count on 1/2

You might eventually find a bullet powder combo that changes the 1/2 to 1/4, I think that is the harder part.

What I look for is something that is consistent then play with it and other loads and go back to the consistent one as a cross check

It does not have to be 1/4, if its a consistent 5/8 then I am good.