My opinion on the offer is They are offering a rifle which is close to the price I paid for the first one at the time. around $1200 If I remember right. How ever I am not really a fan of the new mag system. I can ask Savage Canada if they could install the Accurate mag system from the old rifle to the new system. and see what they say. The other thing I am thinking about is take the new rifle and offer to buy the old one as is for a reasonable price that way I get the mag system and I have a barrel already coming for it. as I got fed-up with waiting on the warranty people.

But that would leave me with 4 Savages in .308 as I already have a Model10 BAS-T and I picked up a used FCP-SR after I sent the original out for the 3rd time. I really didn't think it would be a quick turn around.

Actually one of the reasons I got the FCP was the BAS-T is a major pain in the arms to carry around heavy as heck, and awkward not something you would really take hunting or varmint shooting but really shoots.

So what ever happens at least one of them would be looking for a new owner.

So I guess come December when I check on the one out for warranty I will pose the two questions and go from there.