Quote Originally Posted by jamesp81 View Post
I'm going to be doing 223 for this one for sure. It's a long term cost thing. I can handload match grade 223 very economically. The largest long term cost of any firearm is the ammunition, so this is where the largest savings is realized. I am aware that 223 is hard to shoot accurately at very long range due to wind messing with it, but if I'm honest with myself, I'm not (yet) a good enough shooter to shoot at that kind of range regardless of the cartridge I'm shooting.

According to B&C's website, on the M40 stock: "Drop in fit for Savage Model 10 and 12 with 4.4 inch short action and factory detachable magazine, heavy barrel, bottom release uses SKU #1012, top bolt release uses SKU #1014"

The Hog Hunter is top bolt release but does not have the factory DBM. If I'm interpreting this right, the M40 stock should already be inletted for the DBM. All I'd need is the factory bottom metal for DBM from Savage. Again, unless my interpretation is completely wrong here. Sounds like a question to send to B&C.
you are right on all counts. that is their only tactical/varmint savage stock that comes inletted already. but, as stated before, with savage DBM, you will be limited to 4-5 round mags, no 10 rounders.

FORGOT TO MENTION!!! PTG bottom metal supposedly has the same footprint as savage factory DBM, and with side release you can get it for $128, and it is AI mag compatible! that would be the most economical deal! should fit right in the B&C m40

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/savag...ealth-dbm.html