Quote Originally Posted by doctnj View Post
Oh you are correct. I will own one. The cheapskate in me wants to get the money back out of what I already bought first. Its getting close!!!! Back when I was really looking at them, I had just purchased a second ultra sonic after the first one died. So I thought I would at least use up the huge container of walnut shells and see where things are at that point.

I had also read some opinions about possibly getting the cases "too" clean. Not sure I buy that. Right around that time I had seen some trading in their SS for standard tumbler again. Ill more than likely be looking at getting one the first of next year as Im trying to spread out some of the expense a little. Just finished getting the last few items to start match shooting.
Too clean? Clean as new is all the cleaner they will get. I like the fact that there is no leftover powder residue inside. Pockets come out clean as well as flash holes. Back in the day all you could get was a Thumlers and a bag of STS rods. Now Frankfort had one and Lyman just came put with theirs and prices have went down. I have the Frankfort and I really like it. I enhanced mine with stainless balls (tiny) available on Flea-Bay. The balls really go after the pockets and clean them squeaky clean.

I quit using neck lube too. The powder residue and the resultant roughness that causes erratic seating insertion is gone, another reloading step eliminated. I load for accuracy too. I like to see sub moa groups at 300 yards consistently and IMO, STS helps that to happen.

The only drawback to STS that I've found is on 308 cases. The pins sometimes lodge sideways in the necks. Seems as though the pin length and the neck diameter of a fired case is close so the pins infrequently hang in the neck and have to be removed with a small pick or screwdriver,