Quote Originally Posted by darkker View Post
Black Hole makes very accurate barrels, and at the moment the cool kids don't know them. This means you can actually get them, and they will fool around with requests without charging you up the kazoo.

Beyond that, honestly I think you are putting this deal on a pedestal it shouldn't be on. This isn't an all or nothing deal. There isn't perfect or horrible in here.

As for the accuracy goal, that isn't NEARLY as much about any piece of equipment as anyone wants you to believe; it's 90% Shooter.
Perfect example:
https://www.shootersforum.com/rifles...alley-sun.html
Thanks for your reply. I actually have a 20" BHW on my 6.5 Grendel. That rifle is so far my accuracy benchmark as I can consistently shoot five shot groups between around 1/4 MOA, often putting the first three in the same hole before my nerves kick in. All with factory A-Max 123gr.

Granted I am much more familiar with the AR platform and have grown accustomed to my 2 stage Geissele triggers. The bolt gun and single stage AccuTrigger is still pretty new to me, had the rifle a few months, 140-160 rounds down the pipe. I guess I was expecting a Creedmoor bolt gun to shoot as well or better than my Grendel AR. Still a learning curve but am thinking a barrel upgrade could speed things along. Currently I am consistently getting 1 moa groups with some, what I consider to be lucky smaller groups. Best results with ELD-M and Winchester factory ammo.
My PSA chrome lined .223 AR upper prints 1 moa groups with PMC Bronze. Thus I am having doubts about the stock barrel on my savage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk