The Mueller scope went back. I went to Midway to ck out their price for the Weaver T36 and they were having some kind of sale on the plain reticle model which
was over 50% off list so I bought one. Nice. Thin black ring around sight picture, quite refined compared to the Mueller. Mounted it with 2 sets of rings as both
resulted in horiz. parallax. I decided to go to back square one, and the EGW base was not true. Both the sides and the tops of the rail were not true. I used sandpaper
wrapped on a straight edge to true it all up. I bought a pair of Luepold rifleman 1" rings and mounted them and lapped them. Parallax appears to be gone now, but
a trip to the range will verify it. I emailed EGW about the base and they told me to send it back so they could check it, and would replace it if it was bad. The
chance of just getting another bad one seemed large so I just fixed the one I had. Too bad they are the only game in town, I'm pretty sure, making a base for the
93/MKII. So beware of the possibility of work involved to make one of their bases work. I had to deepen the counterbore on the front 2 screw holes and use the
factory screws to mount it as their supplied 4 screws were all the same length and were too long for the front situation. Then had to true the mounting surfaces
to get it to work. Not fun. But if it fixed the parallax problem I will forget about it. We'll see for sure tomorrow at the range.