Quote Originally Posted by doctnj View Post
It didnt help matters that I was having a hard time putting good groups together as well. I sometimes dont understand how you can go out one time and shoot like a laser beam one day then on another, you cant put together one really good group. So then when I couldnt keep it on target my confidence went in the crapper. This will be eating my lunch all week till I can get back out and figure out what is going on. I appreciate all the pointers.

The first thing I have to do is get out and shoot off front bag and see if it still flips left. I realize that a bag will probably minimize the flip but if there is none at all or very very little then Ill realize that the rubber feet on the hard surface may have multiplied the issue. I need to shoot at distance with the bag as well as off the ground at distance then off bipod and compare all three. If they are all three similar results then I have to look very closely at me then finally the brake. That at least for now is my plan of attack.

My wife needs a new brake so we may look at the apa little b for her. That way I can see it up close and see how it works. Does it use a timing washer?
i have those days all the time and quit worrying about them...it still bothers me but i know that if i can go out one day a shoot a few small groups and the next day they open up i know its me not the load or the rifle...if your constantly second guessing everything you will always be chasing your tail...trust me i know!...and also why i stopped shooting groups and looking for a perfect load for almost a year and went into full test mode to see the effects of changes in powder charges,primers,case prep,weighing and sorting bullets,trimming meplats and a few other things...i found things that work well and other things that didnt work or didnt make a big enough difference for the added work.

with all that said i found the biggest thing is trigger time...after all that testing and playing with different things i started filming myself shooting and found several things that caused more problems than any of the loading or rifle issues i thought was causing problems...and at the top of the list was rolling my shoulder forward into the butt pad...that one took me a LONG time to correct and every now and then i still catch myself doing it.

as LW said work on fundamentals and dont worry so much about one hole groups they will come later when you have better control.