Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
I have the exact same problem with a model 12FV in 223 and blind center feed magazine, but this issue first surfaced after a stock change. Now I'm thinking the magazine might be slightly out of place. First round pops up too far and gets jammed by the bolt as it moves forward.

Something else that just jumped to mind as I write this is perhaps I'm loading the bullet a bit too far out and the tip catches under the barrel as it comes out of the mag, or I'm not careful enough in loading the rounds and forcing them all the way towards the rear as I press them into the mag.
I've tried stacking all the rounds to the far back of the mag. I tried leaving the mag loaded with four rounds overnight to see if the mag spring needed to be seated.

I didn't try chambering a round from a full mag before I took the stock off to clean it (it's a factory stock), but I would think if there were an alignment issue, then the final three rounds would also have problems. They don't the final three rounds function flawlessly.

I just tried calling Savage and spent 20 min on their automated phone loop (which is annoying because I happen to be home from work early today and I typically can't call from work). They also haven't replied to my issue I submitted via the phone yet.

I'm tempted to order another mag (I can find them for $43 online), but that too is annoying since it's a brand new gun, and if it is a problem with the gun, I don't like spending money necessarily on an unneeded part.

Anyone else have this issue and if so, what was the fix??

Thanks