Pisgah, I appreciate your diligence. I have done my fair share of research on the matter. I think my copy of Hatcher's Notebook has a section on it, and I think he clearly examines the issue of pure Cupronickel fouling excessively. The point is moot because the bullet in question is NOT cupronickel! The majority of steel cased ammunition uses a BIMETAL projectile. (STEEL jacket with a thin layer of copper...) Steel on steel! If you don't believe me, put a magnet to your Silver Bear bullets. Copper is not magnetic, nor is nickel.

The "Army" still uses copper/gilding jacketed bullets as does NATO. I don't think that's without reason. They've clearly done the tests, and have the funding to use what's best. Lucky Gunner's test did expedite results through mass numbers of rounds fired quickly (heat) and I think the results would be similar carried out over time, a box or two a year. I would assume they did an abridged version for sake of brevity.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but shooting a few hundred rounds and reporting no pressure signs or decent 1.5" accuracy is anecdotal evidence at best. Feel free to blaze away with your silver bear (I have a few boxes as well as the infamous Tula, lol). In the small amount of rounds most people shoot a year, there wouldn't be an appreciable difference. I have a Mustang I used to run on the track, I never did try to make a pass on kerosene, because there is a better alternative that the car seemed to run better on. To each his own.