Quote Originally Posted by strut64 View Post
I have 2 Boyd's stocks. The first is a thumbhole varmint Long action. I had the stock pillared and bedded by a local LGS. The front stock screws needed it because Boyd's uses a plastic insert for the escutcheon which sucks. The rear screw pillar is a real problem because it is in a tight space between the mag and the trigger. Half the pillar must be relieved to clear the trigger The rifle is a 6 mm BR with a Shilen target/varmint and now shoots consistently Well. The second is a classic walnut with a 110 long action used for hunting. It seems to be a very good stock I can't really comment regarding weight except that they seem to be in line with other wood stocks. Overall Boyd's stocks are a good buy when you look at others in the field.
Thanks...I do know about the rear pillar needing to be cut for clearance. They sell premade ones with this cutout on the net but I am not sure if they would work with a boyds stock. I have also heard people using lamp rod which I feel I would be able to do as well. http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet...-Pillar/Detail here is a link to the pillars you can buy.