Quote Originally Posted by gwtx View Post
Wind just won't quit, but i put up a flag and shot some during the very slight lulls. I'm satisfied the rifle will shoot, if there is very little wind. Don't know if the pic is gonna show, if not, I'll try again. Been a while since I tried to post a pic, always have problems with it. Ahh, the golden years!
Pic made it up, forgot to mention, the group was shot at 100yds. I guess if you shoot enough, 3 of em are bound to land close together sooner or later :)

Well, I guess it was a fluke, I haven't shot a group since that one shot didn't fly off 1 1/2" or so. I removed scope, checked tightness on screws, re'torqued, tried different (proven) scope, and about out of ideas. Thought maybe after shooting 300+ rounds, the barrel should be "settled in" if it's ever gonna be. I have been able to fix all of the little glitches it came with(except misfires on winchester ammo), and I really like the rifle, but I can't use it for what I bought it for if it won't shoot consistent. I haven't talked to savage c.s. yet, but I doubt that they will do anything due to the mods: pillars, and modded trigger. May give'em a call to see what they say.
ANY IDEAS greatly appreciated. Gary