xsskeet, thank you for the reply. Being here in Florida, we have no Prairie Dogs, Ground Hogs. The only varnints we have, are the kind you make boots out of. ha ha

I've more or less given up hunting, instead, I like to target shoot and experiment with wildcat calibers and load development.

There was nothing really 'wrong' with the Leupold. I think it's lack of an AO is what bothered me most. One thing I noticed on the bottom of the Lupy....
It states: Designed, Manufactured, and Assembled in the USA". Hmmmm.

Of Redfield's 2 low end scopes, the Revenge is clearly marked "Made in China". The Revolution has the same type of wording as the Lupy. I was told that both of the Redfield scopes glass come from the same source. If the parts are made overseas, imported to the USA, and assembled here, it's legal to say :
"Manufactured in the USA", especially if you add one part made here.
How do I know? I was an Engineer for IBM/Lexmark and our high end color laser printers were indeed made in Japan. We added our controller card, ran them through an assembly line. Presto. Manufactured in the USA.

If you see my other post in this section, Zeiss binoculars (low end Terra ED) is now made in China.
Do I care? Heck NO! I just wish some companies would just not try to fool the consumer with 'wordmanship'.

ron