Thread: Vortex Viper on the FEDEX truck for delivery! Question on Rings?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DzNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbearman View Post
    I would be inclined to use the lowest burris signature rings with the plastic inserts that can be used to correct windage and elevation as well as adding 20 moa inserts to make your zero mount become a 20 moa without touching it. These rings are solid and wont leave marks on the scope in case you would upgrade and sell it off.
    I am liking this option. Can someone please provide me a link to where I can order the rings and these 20 MOA inserts?

EDIT: I found the 30mm Burris Signature Zee Rings on Midway but I cannot find the "+/- .020 Pos-Align offset inserts" anywhere!!! Using a set of these front and back in reverse would produce the 20moa (approximately 20" at 100 yards). Does anyone have a line on where to get these inserts?

EDIT 2: In my endeavors to find the elusive "+/- .020 Pos-Align offset inserts", I came across this [interesting research done a couple of years ago by a fellow shooter on another forum]. If I am reading this correctly, I can achieve the 20moa desired with the 30mm rings and the "+/- .010 Pos-Align offset inserts" that are included with the rings (using them opposite each other in the front and back rings). If this is correct my assessment above about the .020's (using both) would actually produce 40moa approximately. Please tell me if I am reading all of this correctly?
    Last edited by DzNutz; 09-06-2014 at 07:39 PM.