Hello,

I have a Ken Farrell Inc. base and rings. They are high quality. http://www.kenfarrell.com/

I use the same rings on a target AR with a heavy barrel and I shoot sub MOA with that (when I'm lucky). That's with my hand loads, though. I'm not loading .308 yet, not until I get this figured out. This is the only gun I would load .308 for.

Because of the problem, I recently took the action off and set it again, similar to the way you are suggesting- though not necessarily torquing it the way you stated. I just followed the instructions in the manual, which are not as detailed. Both screws are torqued to 60 lbs. at this point.

I got some match ammo, 168 grn. I'm going to try it this weekend and see how it shoots. Admittedly, I was using just Winchester standard .308, NATO spec, so it's 147 grn. I also have used other similar ammo, which I know is not high quality. I wasn't expecting sub MOA, but I would have expected at least some predictability.

If it's still no good, I'll go through the rolls, check the scope on another gun, take it apart again and re-set the action, etc. If it's still no good, I guess I'll send it back.

When I say it's not grouping, I don't mean sub moa, I mean the average four or five shot group is like 6 inches. Looks like I shot the target with a 12 gauge and 00 buck.