Quote Originally Posted by cranebird View Post
Are we tuning 2 stroke scooter carbs or shooting targets ?Are
you saying higher elevation makes a bullet go faster because the air is leaner ? I'm at 1939 feet above sea level, probably the thinner air is not helping me think correctly.....
lololo...actually, doing both. Overhauled lots of carbs, reset jettings, barrels, niddles etc in my 36 yrs of being a tech. nothing better than the smell of race 2 stroke oil comming out of my race ready KX-250 1st thing staurday morning.

As far as altitude and calculations of bullet drop?........... Inputting correct altitude into ballistic,s calculator is a must. Especially if your sending them to distance.

I shoot at 2 different ranges. One at a military range which is at 3800ft and 4400ft out in the Texas desert southwest mountain valleys.
I made the mistake of guessing at altitude and couldnt figure out why I wasnt hitting 6"x8" steel,s @ 1K. I quickly learned I needed to know correct altitude. I dont have a nice smart phone with all the apps to go with it so i oppted for a nice casio watch with temp/baro pressure/altimiter and last but not least...time....o.lo.ololooolooolol