Some years back, Handloader Magazine did a really good test on rifle brass. I saved that article, but I don't have access to it at the moment.

To make this story short, what Handloader found was that Remington brass held up best to reloading. If memory serves me, they got 19 reloads from Rem cases before failures were detected. Some of the thicker cases failed in 5 or 6 reloads.

Now, these tests were done some years back, and since the shortages of the last few years, there have been quality issues. For instance, I have bought 50 308 Rem cases that were just fine. But in 50 260 Rem cases, 18 of the primer holes were off center. This quality issue seems to be selective, and has been observed by others.

In car racing, how fast you want to go, is directly perportional to how much money you want to spend. It can be like that in the shooting sports. You can't make something happen from something that is not there. And your not doing something that you "need" to do, your doing something that you "want" to do. And every dollar you spend on it is going to be worth, at the most, fifty cents tomorrow.

Learn the reloading techneeks, use that LC brass, and see how much you can get out of it. It will be great experience when you decide to get the Lapua brass.

You may be told here to forget Fireforming and full length resize all your brass. "I fire form". And it works for me.

Good luck in your shooting and reloading, and let us know how it goes for you :-))

JMHO :-)).........jim