I went to the range today after floating the tang, installing the DNZ Game Reaper mount correctly, and re-installing the scope correctly. I am now the proud owner of some blue Loctite and a F.A.T. wrench (and a stripped front action screw due to a cheap hex wrench, but that's a different story). The DNZ one-piece mount took the total mount and ring pieces from eight from the factory mounts to just three.

At 25 yards, two holes shot off the bore sighting were almost touching. Two shots shot off the new zero were almost in the same hole. These four were shot with 150 grain Hornady American Whitetail.

At 100 yards off bags, the American Whitetail produced two three shot groups of 1.75" and 2.5"

At 100 yards off bags, el cheapo PMC fmj 147 grain produced two three shot groups of 1.25" and 2.5".

Now the good news: 165 grain Federal Vital Shok produced a three shot group at 100 yards of either .5" or .7" (a flyer from a PMC group wandered in) and a 1.25" group.

I'm glad to know the rifle has moa potential. I know there's some operator error in play, and there was about a 10 mph crosswind which I'm sure didn't help. I'm also real glad to know the rifle might be able to shoot the cheap PMC ammo reasonably well. I think the bulk of the original problem was the factory mounts and rings. The shots were not wandering today like they seemed to before. I got two flyers, and I'm fairly certain I flinched on both of them. I'll be interested to try the rifle off a bipod to see what happens to the groups. All in all, I feel like this is a solid lightweight hunting rig.

This was the first time I've shot off sandbags. The recoil seemed rough compared to standing or a bipod. Any tips to reduce recoil off bags?

Thanks again to everyone for all the help in this thread as well as all the shared knowledge throughout the forum. I'll probably post separately to warn about the factory mounts and rings on the Trophy Hunter. I think they cost me more in ammo than the DNZ mount cost.