Yes after looking a little closer, it looks like the Jard sear is not for an Axis, so it would be crap shoot ordering it. It looks like the middle set screw is farther back and may not clear the safety with it in either position. They don't get specific about what it will work on.....just says Savage centerfire, but I don't think I'm going to order one just to see if I can make it work.

Ok cranebird, it looks like you have taken the locking compound off the set screw in question, so you should be able to test your theory. Can you adjust that screw so that the overtravel is eliminated and the safety still works? Would you agree that for it to be a true overtravel adjustment, the trigger should be able to be adjusted so that rearward travel is stopped just past the breaking point?.....and the safety still should work?......can you adjust that set screw to fulfill these criteria?

I am willing to accept that it works....if it does work. This is not something that has to be taken on faith, you have the ability to prove to yourself if it works. You are the one that is convinced it will work....have you tried it?

I will be controlling overtravel in the linkage that actuates the trigger in my bullpup, so I just want the safety to work.