I had to make do last night with just 5 Min epoxy and carbosil thickener for my bedding job. Given that this is a rimfire, the bedding is not going to see any substantial recoil, like would be the case for a magnum. I didn't have pillars, so I put a stack of stainless washers of the appropriate size under the action screws until the action had a small gap all the way around and the barrel was guaranteed to be free floated. Used super glue to fix the washers in place, then taped off the trigger/magazine guide and all the parts of the stock I didn't want anything to stick to.

Mixed the 5 min epoxy good then kept adding carbosil until it was thick enough not to slump anymore. Put some of it around the washers previously glued in place to absorb the load of the action screws. Because it was so thick, I didn't need a dam to contain it. Let that cure up and before it was fully hard I trimmed off the excess.

Made another batch of the thicknened epoxy. Applied the peanut butter consistency mixture on the sides of the stock where it would contact the action. I also put a dollop at the barrel/action intersection. I ended up bedding the first 1" of the barrel as well as the first 1/4" of the action. This is right next to the front action screw which is what I wanted, a good "nest" for the front end of the action.

I have to say that the coupling between action and stock is drastically improved now. The rifle even sounds different when you work the bolt. Now I just need to clean the bore good and I am ready for a range session. I let the stock stand a few hours near the wood stove this morning so that a little heat would fully harden the epoxy. That seems to have worked out perfect.

The final work that needs to be done is open up the barrel channel slightly on the left (it is free floating with a double thickness of paper) but the gap on the left is smaller than the right. Then re-seal the exposed wood. But for today, it is going to the range.