Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
Before I bought my Savage 40 22 Hornet I looked long and hard for a M25 22 Hornet. They were as scarce as hen's teeth. Actually to this day I have yet to see one in person. I know a local guy who owned one and never fired it. It was a walking varminter and he liked his 40's better.

Anyway I started to look into other options. I asked about CZ's, no one had any, new, used, whatever. So I saw my favorite local shop got in a used 77/22H sporter barrel and I talked to the owner about it. He knew I had been wanting a 22H rifle especially since I had a revolver too. He told me, and I have others tell me since, the 22 hornet Ruger 77 is a iffy buy. Some shoot awesome, some pattern instead of group, others shoot "OK" but (the owner continued) the 77 hornets usually always get traded back in. I am with you the 77/17H is a sexy gun with the gray finish & camo laminate but you would have better chance hitting a woodchuck with a lawn dart at 100 yards than how that shoots. Don't waste any more money on that gun...GunBroker it. Anyway the shop owner told me if I wanted an accurate 22 Hornet to get a Savage or a CZ. Honestly the minor issues with the M25 are more irritating than anything, they do shoot awesome though and my M40 has taken woodchucks at a distance. The 1 was 189 yards lasered, the other was walked out and guestimated to be 200yd with cheap factory loads. I have yet to take it out with Hornady Vmax and it shoots THE BEST with that.

Let us know about the CZ because I found a new 22H locally and one used not to far away.
CZ is is a huge improvement over the ruger. No problems with it and shoots as they claim. The set trigger is sweet also but I grew still love the accu triggers on the savages. CZ well worth the money. Its the varmint model with 24 inch barrel.