Thread: When to replace a barrel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nazbom
    I have three sets of of loads worked up sitting on my bench ready to try out. Trying different seating depths. One my original depth and two others. I am by no means giving up on the set up I have I'll gladly take the practice and get back in the shooting groove.

I guess I was always taught to clean after shooting and that was reinforced in my military experience as well. I know some people who shoot and then put their piece away till next time, to each his own I guess. I always clean from the breech end and lately have been using a bore snake. I gave it a good cleaning the other night before I posted this thread. Brush, hoppe's, patches, brush, and so on. Got the patch white and then a light coat of oil. I've shot it since then but wanted to try and get it get it clean (not that I make it a habit of keeping it dirty).

This rifle has been a work in progress since I've bought it. It's always shot exceptionally well but I've kept doing upgrades that I've wanted. I'll keep shooting it just cause and a new barrel has been in my long range plans. I understand the fishing analogy and now this sticks in the back of my brain. I'll just have to focus on the fundamentals and make sure I'm doing my part as see how it all plays out. I wish there was a way to get a decent picture of what I am seeing to show everyone. Oh well, still many thanks for the words of wisdom.

Hope everyone had a blessed day and their fill of food :)
    Last edited by nazbom; 11-28-2013 at 08:59 PM.