Quote Originally Posted by Jetpig View Post
Completely safe. All you are doing is sooting the datum of the bullet. Just hold your bullet portion of the cartrige directly in a candle flame and give it a twist. It will soot up nicely. Only takes a second and is completely safe. Perm marker may work but will take much more contact to show evidence. I would also pick up another box of something standard US manufactured as well and see what those do. A little cam-over with your bolt is fine as long as it is headspace and isn't bullet into the lands. This can cause irratic pressure situations that you just don't want.

Okay so I did the soot test and all I see now is that single line from the beginning to the end of the bullet. It stops a little before it reaches the case. It also seems a lot easier to load and unload. I can now easily do it with my index finger and thumb. But not as easy as an empty chamber. Is this normal for a new bolt action,my only other experience with rifles is a Mosin but I cleaned the hell out of it and never had the sticky bolt issue.
O and I can't get a good picture because my phone won't focus on the bullet