Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
The main problem with your idea is that nobody makes a barrel nut wrench that fits the Model 25 nut as they're noticeably smaller than M110 nuts.
What does Savage do? Do they make their own wrenches or have them made? The tools obviously must exist just no aftermarket yet.

I have a 22H on a Model 25, for about a month now. Haven't done initial clean and prep for setup. Was thinking of doing it this weekend but I haven't picked out a scope yet. I am thinking of using the scope off my M25 .204, I really don't like that scope that much. I might like it more on a rifle with less range like a 22 Hornet which I only effectively shoot out to 200yd.

The scope is a Simmons 44 Mag 6-24x44SF. Every shot jars the quick focus ring, a common issue with the scope that I late read in the reviews on Midway. It holds zero and adjusts and tracks fine but for me I can never get a crisp target picture at 100yd. Out in the field it is not as bad but it is never as clear and crisp as my Barska Varmint & Excavator scopes. It comes close at 100yd. Under 100yd it is good. Would make an excellent scope for a Mark II or 22mag M93. At the ranges I shoot my 93 HMR I wouldn't want it.

I've been thinking of swapping it onto a Mark II Heavy barrel but I still would need a scope for the .204 and another for that 22 Hornet.