I am just going to rattle off a few things to check. If any of these is already covered then we'll just say I am saying it again for good measure, as there is a lot of good thoughts in this thread for you to check.

1) DO NOT clean your barrel. Savages are dirty girls and many of them shoot much better if left alone uncleaned for even several hundred shots in some reported case. I clean mine only if accuracy starts to fall off, when breaking in a barrel, or when putting the rifle away for an extended period of time (say several months).

2) Float the Tang as Thomae said

3) Be sure your bases are tight. Many screws that come with aftermarket and sometimes factory installed bases are too long and don't hold the base tight at all.

4) Be sure the barrel is floating and not contacting the stock.

5) Seat the Recoil Lug by standing the gun on its butt and putting a bit of pressure down when tightening the action screws.

6) If you are shooting from a bipod try using a rest. If you are using a rest try moving the rest from the forearm of the stock to just in front of the action and see if that helps. Many of those package gun stocks are very very flimsy and bipods and sometimes pressure from rests and bags out towards the end of the stock will make the stock touch the barrel and also allow the barrel and action fly around during firing.

7) Inspect the crown. Use a jeweler's loupe if you can and inspect for burrs etc.. After firing a few rounds there should be a nice even powder blast pattern on the muzzle. If that pattern looks extremely off and not concentric then there is probably crown damage.

8) I can't imagine this is hardly possible, but is worth mentioning I guess. Check to see if your barrel nut is tight. I have ye tosee or hear of one leaving the factory loose, but there's always a first time.

I know I repeated some of the above suggestions, so sorry for being long winded. If all that checks out and it still doesn't shoot I'd give Savage a call and see what they say.