I was wanting to hear from someone who had a savage w/ a factory supplied HS Precision Tactical stock to send me the savage part number for their rifle based on serial number. Its suppose to be searchable on the Savage arms website. I have the part number for the rifle that is supposed to be shipped to me and I was just wanting to confirm it to be the same. The part number was given to me from Savage Customer support. If they dont match I would prefer Buds not even ship, why they cant verify before they ship is beyond me. They told me that they have it in hand. It will probably be another month before I recieve because I will not finish the layaway for 2 weeks and it takes them another 2 weeks to ship.

I wish I had stayed with the FP-SR because it was $350 less than the HS rifle. Why spend more on a rifle because of a stock, specifically if it is something that I still have to change because I dont like. I thought of the 5R and fluting as a bonus but not why I purchased. I purchased because of the stock.

If i have to purchase a stock i will go with the Mcree G5 TMAG

Yes stockrex I have screen captures and transcriptions of all the conversations with Buds and Savage.

I am already tired of worrying about it. Guess I will just wait and see what shows up.
Thanks for listening to me vent :)
volt