Great site, 1st post...hoping you guys can help me with the purchase of a used Savage. Was told he had an older (2007?) Savage 10 FP HS Precision in .308. How was this rifle configured as new? I'm wanting to find out if this is a factory rifle or re-stocked. It was described as having an HS Precision stock with a BLIND magazine, 1:10 twist 24" barrel. Problem is that I can't find record of a Savage in this configuration...all I see is the 10 FCP HS with a DBM. Were early models configured without bottom metal? I think he will sell it in the $600-700 range. I am trying to figure out if this will be a good "shooter" for me learning the long range game. I know I will eventually want a DBM or at least a hinged floor plate, and trying to decide if this will be a bad investment in it's current configuration. If it comes without bottom metal, how much [ballpark figure] does it cost for a gunsmith to inlet for bottom metal? I'd rather buy a new 10 FCP HS or 12 LRP, etc. if the cost of smith work is going to put me back at that price point. But perhaps I could end up with a better rifle for the cost of a new one if I go this route (ex. better mags and bottom metal)? Your thoughts? Thanks.