squawsach, sorry, but no can't do. Listen to the likes of fgw_in_fla, davemuzz and me that are not trying to lead you into the "unnatural" state of mind of "I don't need another gun". I see you are dwindling right there and you are trying hard to get into that unnatural thinking but let it go, be yourself, say "I'm squawsach, I belong to the Brotherhood of the barrel NUT(s), Im a Savageaholic and I stand proud..."

Are you really willing to miss the excitement of waiting for the new target/varmint/bull barrel you ordered complete with muzzle brake? Don't forget, getting to spend hours online choosing which reloading die, brass, bullets, primers, powder brand, etc to buy? Think about that new action needing that acutrigger adjusted. The smell of hardwood as you create a one of a kind stock for the new rig, take off your mask after you are done painting the stock and let the paint fumes take you to that special land where all actions are True and every barrel shots sub moa groups of .3" or better no matter what you feed them.

Get a workout in your arms while you mix the devcon and challenge your fine motor skills as you apply the bedding material exactly where you want it. Think about the fun you would miss while you prep your brass as you wait for the devcon to cure... Weighting bullets, brass and saving them in little plastic bags to have them separated in groups properly labeled. No sir, you wont be able to survive the need to install that scope base, rings and scope then as soon as you are done raise the gun to your shoulder and see that crisp image in your scope as you imagine your favorite object at the other side of it...

Are you sure you want to deny yourself of the sleepless night right before you take your new rig to the shooting range? What charge/bullet/primer will it like, how small will the group be? How fast will it go?

Think about all of these calibers?
220Swift
224Clark
225Win.
22BR
22CheetahMkI
240WbyMag
243Win
25-'06Rem
25-284Win
260Rem
270Win
280Rem
284Win
300Sav
6.5mm-06A-Square
6mm-284Win
6mmBR
6mmRem
7.65ArgentineMauser
7mm-08Rem
7mmBR
7x57
7x64Brenneke
8mm-06Spr
8x57Mauser
8x60S

They should all fit the .308 Winchester bolt head and they all should fit that short action, some as a single shot only but I think they all do. Further more, these are .472 and I have been told you can use the .473 bolt head for them. I have no personal knowledge this is true but I thought I share...
22-250Rem
250Sav

Look at them, they all look so alone... Ask yourself, Can you really bear NOT TO....