Ok -- I'm old and not quick on the up-take anymore (or so my kids tells me), so I hope you guys will be patient and let me know whether I have correctly summarized all that I've read here and in a couple of other threads:

I want to re-stock my older Savage 111 FCXP3 (aka Hunter XP) in 30-06 (long action) from factory synthetic to a Boyd's wooden model

To do this I want to converft my 111 FCXP3 from detachable box magazine (DBM) to internal blind magazine (I dislike detachable mags anyways)

My 111 FCXP3 has a magazine release button on the side of the stock, and is therefore a staggered-feed (SF) magazine and not a center-feed (CF)

This 111 FCXP3 staggered-feed DBM-to-blind magazine conversion consists of (1) pulling the bottom cover off my existing magazine, (2) inserting the now-bottomless magazine and its original follower/spring into the magazine well that is already attached to the action, and (3) setting this action/magazine combination into the new stock with the spring resting on the inside-bottom of the stock cutout

If that's it, then it sounds like I don't need clips, a new magazine, a new follower/spring, a new magazine well, or anything else -- just the new stock

Did I understand correctly?

Thanks

Mike
mhotz001@gmail.com